Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Thai Chicken Salad

In the post Xmas/New Year days I always feel like light, tasty, healthy food that is going to hopefully cancel out some of the gluttony of the holiday period. We have just got back from a weeks holiday with my family in the Wairarapa in which I lounged around all day reading books and ate and drank far too much! I wanted something light and healthy that I could wip up in a few minutes, and this is what I came up with. It was really tasty and just what I needed:

Thai Chicken Salad

300g cold shredded chicken
125g packet or rice vermicelli noodles
2 spring onions, chopped finely
1/2 c roasted peanuts, chopped
2 carrots, grated

Dressing:
3 T coriander in a tube (see picture)
2 T fish sauce
2 T lemon or lime juice
1 t sugar
1/4 c sweet thai chilli sauce

1. Soak the noodles in warm water for about 20 mins until soft. Drain.

2. Mix all the dressing ingredients together.

3. Toss everything together and serve topped with extra chopped peanuts and some chopped mint or coriander.


Note: I served the same ingredients up to my pre-school daughters - I just served the chicken, noodles and veges separated on a plate with no dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment